The patent policy adopted by the Board of Managers includes the following requests:
- Notification of the Fund whenever a patentable discovery is foreseen
- Adherence by the investigator to the established patent policy of the institution at which the investigator is working
- In the event that the institution does not have an established patent policy the right of the Fund to join with the investigator and the institution in determining
- The procedure to be followed in applying for a patent, and
- The manner of administering any patent resulting from such application.
The Fellow is also asked to provide the Fund with publication information detail that results during their tenure with the Fund. We do not need copies of the reprints. We ask that in each publication the Fellow acknowledge assistance from the Fund by including the following statement:
Fellow of The Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund for Medical Research
This investigation has been aided by a grant from The Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund for Medical Research.